Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Song Contest

Tonight Josh, Ben, and I made some work on our song entries.

Um what? Many of you may ask. Well, a few weeks ago, Puppy told me about a singing competition among teachers that would take place in a month or so. I said I might be interested, and if I could sing with others. I could, so I asked Josh and Ben if they were interested.

We didn't do anything until tonight (since we kinda forgot about it). We thought we had to participate in some kind of "tryout" round, which we didn't learn of until the NIGHT before, so we sorta gave up on it. But Puppy texted me again this morning saying that a few teachers didn't go to the tryout, and we could still do it if we're ready by the end of this week. So we went searching after dinner tonight.

We have to have two songs prepared, apparently, so the first we picked is a hymn called "The Day is Past and Gone" or "Evening Darkness". Josh found it and decided we should do it. It's basically a round for three parts, I do a semi soprano/alto (since I don't quite have the range for soprano, but I'm the only girl), Josh is tenor, and Ben is bass.

Fun fact: Josh can't read music. And he's never sung before. But! He can match his voice very well to the audio we found of the music, so we're not terribly worried. And I can tell he's going to really work on his part. I just have to work on my high notes, and Ben on a few of his lowest notes.

So singing and Halloween will engulf this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment