Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Student Quotes

Since it’s the end of the semester, I’m going to type up a few of the quotes I jotted down in my book during classes. There are a lot where I can’t remember the context, so they don’t make sense to me anymore, but at least these two sketch days do. I also sometimes didn't write anything down or I couldn't write quickly or clearly enough. Hopefully you’ll get an idea of the way my students talk, and some of the unintended humor I get from class discussion and skits.

The first is from the very beginning. I gave them a Calvin & Hobbes comic- if you scroll back enough in the blog, you can see the comic.
  • Oh my god, it’s too terrible!
  • Tiger, you eat a lot of food, but I’m a good boy.
  • What is it in me?!
  • I promise it is the best food in the world.
  • Are you sure it can be eaten?
  • Oh My Lady Gaga! (They used this phrase a lot at the beginning.)
  • Have it gone bad? 3 days ago!
The second set of quotes are from Halloween week and were some of the funniest skits in the semester. I gave them a phrase and a Halloween-themed picture, and they had to make a short skit using both. The pictures were: skull, ghost, candy, pumpkin, vampire, witch, mummy, werewolf, bat, zombie, haunted house.
  • Hey man, I’m the greatest ghost.
  • Oh come on, as a witch I have magic powers.
  • It’s a toy bat, and I fix it up.
  • No I’m fantastic- and the most beautiful candy in world.
  • Humans are so selfish and I want to eat you!
  • Why are you just having a head?
  • This plan is a “playing down” me! (play down was one of the phrases)
  • Hi everybody, give me all your toys or I’ll turn you into PIIIIG. (She kind of yelled the end of it.)
  • I was injected by horrible disease!
  • I’m Mr. Pumpkin. I hate this color. (talking about himself being orange.)
  • Even for cat, this pumpkin is not big enough! Oh goddamnit.
  • I haven’t taken a bath for one year. (I do not remember the context for this one at all.)
  • We are skulls now, but want to love. (It was a skull… love story. Very strange.)
  • You are the fattest skeleton I’ve ever seen. (How???)
  • I’m so bored with you. Get as far away as you can!
  • I’m a ghost, don’t you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment